Monday, July 3, 2017

Getting ready for a new adventure...

It is my first time teaching ESL Literacy and I am super excited and happy to have this opportunity. I believe education is love and I am ready to share it with my students and to provide a safe place for them to feel comfortable to learn.

When I read Paulo Freire's ideas many years ago, I was fascinated and I really wanted to have the challenge of opening a new world for people, the world of literacy. I believe there is no better award for an educator than seeing people being able to read and write.

I have been studying a lot and I can't wait to meet with new students tomorrow and learn as much as I can about them so I can plan my classes according to their needs.

I have already  opened a new folder in my Google Drive and the first file I uploaded there was a poster I have created using images I got from Google images. You can see the poster below.

Yeah, my students can use digital tools to help them learn. I am an advocate for the use of technology to learn languages. :-)


I have also finished reading CLB: ESL for Adult Literacy Learners and some other materials about the field. 

Besides, I have been following lots of ESL teachers on Twitter and reading their tweets about ESL Literacy. One of the most important ones for me is Teacher Kelly Morrissey, who has a very rich website for teachers and students of ESL. 

I would like to thank Teacher Kelly for her immense generosity. Her website has been helping me a lot. Can you believe she even wrote a post with one of my requests? She is the best!

in addition to studying, I also bought some materials at a great store called Scholar's Choice . I really loved everything there and I wish I could buy lots of things for my students. Anyway, I can buy materials little by little. :-)

Last but not least, I would like to thank my coordinators for giving me this amazing opportunity! I can't wait to start tomorrow! 

I will keep you all posted! Please send me positive thoughts. 

Love!



No comments:

Post a Comment